I have received an interim charging order from the county court

Customer Question

I have received an interim charging order from the county court saying there was a judgment or order given on the 8th January 2014 to the judgment creditor which is Fredrickson International for £1856.90 and the court orders that i stand charged with the payment of £1856.90. I understand the outstanding amount is from an old visa debt which Fredrickson International must have purchased recently. I have never heard and do not know of this company. I have not lived at the address the charging order was sent to since 2009. The present occupier gave me the charging order on the 26th June 2014. Could you tell me where i stand legally with Fredrickson International purchasing an old debt without a contract between ourselves? Thank you.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you defend the claim? Do you owe the debt please?
JACUSTOMER-3h3mmtp3- :

I could not defend the claim as correspondence was sent to my old address and i did not know anything about the situation that Fredrickson INT had purchased a debt from an old tsb

JACUSTOMER-3h3mmtp3- :

an old TSB Visa card. To this day i have never heard of Fredrickson INT.

Yes, i owed the debt initially to the TSB.

I will have had a contract with TSB but not the purchaser of the debt, Fredrickson INT. Is it worth fighting the case any further as there is an application for a charging order on my house on July 28th 2014. I have just found out about all of this 2 weeks ago.

Alex Watts : Ok. You need to apply to set it aside.
Alex Watts : you need to fill out form n244
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : You must do this tomorrow.
Alex Watts : The court will list the matter for a hearing.
Alex Watts : If proceedings were sent to the wrong address then this is not a regular judgment and you can ask that it is set aside so that you can defend the claim.
Alex Watts : You need to show the court you moved and that you also have a defence to the claim
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: