75100385

Following mediationMediation re county court claim against

Customer Question

Following mediation Mediation re county court claim against 2 defendants has been successful in my favour. Is there a particular form I should fill in to inform the court ? or would a letter from me (Claimant) be acceptable. A Tomlin order has been signed by the Defendants solicitor and me the Claimant but doesn't specify the exact amount that has been agreed.

For future reference how soon should a reply to defence and counterclaim be filed is it at the time of allocation questionnaire Thank you

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have proceedings been stayed? Has a sum been agreed?
Customer:

schedule states 7 days from date of sealed order(?) the first defendant shall pay claimant a sum of 3500, also tomlin order (separate from schedule) states proceedings be stayed upon terms in schedule, no order as to costs

Alex Watts : Ok, so £3500 is agreed?
Customer:

yes(Defendant to pay this sum to me), a small sum considering the actual claim . I don't have the time to pursue actual claim as the Defendant may declare himself bankrupt, he is in money trouble and owes money to others

Alex Watts : Ok. You simply make an application to court using form n244
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244-eng.pdf
Alex Watts : You are asking the court to approve the order.
Alex Watts : This is the procedure and why you should do.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you . I cannot find any relevant info re fee to accompany this form . Both the parties have consented to withdraw the claim and counterclaim following successful mediation does that mean there is no fee to send with form n244

£50 application by consent.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response and excellent service

Thanks!