Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Can I see a statement made about me

Can I see a statement that has been made about me. I was cautioned about an allegation of rape and am on bail until December but I wanted to check certain details in the statement.
Bobby
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Have you been charged with offence or just interviewed under caution?
Alex Hughes : If you have been charged then you are entitled to disclosure of the prosecution case which includes a copy of the complainants statement and/or her video recorded interview. However if you have not been charged and are simply on police bail then unfortunately there is no right to disclosure of the statement at this stage.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've been interviewed under caution but not charged. The woman was my partner for three years so we have history. She says they took her statement out of context and that she didn't read it before signing it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would my solicitor have been given a copy for his file?