How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3655
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Me and my sister have inherited a house and I wish to move

Resolved Question:

Me and my sister have inherited a house and I wish to move out of the property. what bills concerning the house would I be legally obliged to pay?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
This really is a matter of private agreement and there is no legal precedent for this but you should not really pay for gas, electric, water, council tax etc - because these are all consumable utilities that only your sister would use.
If you imagine your self as a landlord, the landlord would pay for items such as building insurance and reasonable maintenance of the property. Assuming you are rent your share of the property to her unfurnished then if she wants furnishings in the property she should really pay for these as well.
Can you give me any more details?
Kind regards
Alex J. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions