75100385

Is there a law against "on-line stalking" pretending to be

Is there a law against "on-line stalking" pretending to be a friend and then verbally abuse after obtaining someone's telephone number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Yes if you have been contacted more than twice and made it clear that you do not want to it could be harassment as per the Protection From Harassment Act.
You should report it to the Police who can ask the person to stop and warn them. If they carry on they can be prosecuted and you could get an injunction.