12826847

How do I get legal aid

How do I get legal aid
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will appearing in court on Friday. Drink driving offence, possible custodial sentence. Already had duty solicitor on first appearance and I'm on Jobseeker's Allowance ATM.
You just fill out a CDS 14 form with the solicitor of your choice.
you are on a passported benefit so there should be no difficulty. Its not always available for drink driving but it should be if there is a risk of custody.
If you are in Court Friday though then you need to act urgently. A firm that does not already have somebody in Court on that day probably will not want to send somebody in case legal aid is refused.
If they have somebody there anyway though then they will probably take a risk.