12826847

Inclusive to the business rent I pay for 2 parking spaces outside

Inclusive to the business rent I pay for 2 parking spaces outside my studio/office how can I stop people parking there illegally how can I stop them.
Why isn't the landlord acting against them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo, the landlord has told us we must actively defend these spaces as people will just tack liberties and park there all day and I end up having to pay to park. We leave polite note on the cars asking them not to park here and find them just discarded on the floor. As these parking spaces are on the deeds would I be aloud to install metal parking bollards.

Its very kind of the landlord to give you that information but that is, in fact, his job. You are renting the spaces. Its for him to make sure they are available. If you remind him that you are entitled to a refund if the spaces are consistently not available then that will focus his mind fast enough.
The way to resolve this is boldards or other restraints. You will need the permission of the landlord to put up such restraints but he really should be paying for it and organising it. There are various options - barriers, spikes in the ground, raising bollards etc.
If the landlord refuses then consider suing him for a refund.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Jo you have been of great help. I have had a word with the Landlord and he is going to look into the ground raising bollards for me. As you said, it is his responsibility to insure that I get what I am paying my rent for.

Sean

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/