UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

I found out my wife is been in an internet relationship over

I found out my wife is been in an internet relationship over three years with very sexual explicit mails telephon calls and once they encounter not knowing what really happened... I asked for the divorce... Do i have any grounds to protect my self...?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

In what way do you wish to protect yourself please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have three kids age 5, 9 and 12. we are marriege and we got everything 50/50 and we are self employs under a partnership...we own our house and have a lot of debts. if we get divorce Im afraid I can lose everything cause law protect primary the woman and Im mexican with permanet residence. now she is finding excuses.

I need to know how can i be in a better possicion after separation. or if this grounds are strong enough

this is one of many mails:

On Mon, 30/5/11, Karen Murillo <*****@******.***> wrote:

From: Karen Murillo <*****@******.***>
Subject: oh christopher.......!!
To: *****@******.***
Date: Monday, 30 May, 2011, 22:10

Oh christopher.....
If you wd have only written back all those years ago.......I cd have been urs all this time, cooking sunday dinner, arguing over football, and having fabulous sex!!!!
But, alas, both our lack of words led to our 'drift apart' and now we're paying for it!! ***k I cd scream, at both of us, and inside over the years I have done - many times!
I have so much to say to you now, that I don't know where to start.....or stop for that matter lol!!
But, years later, and I married & had 3 kids which sooooo complicates matters. All this time I kind of 'got on with life' thinking for sure you wd have found someone to marry & start a family too, so I resisted the growing urge to contact you until....god bless facebook!!! (And the rest you pretty much know!)
........To be continued!!!! (Preferably between the sheets lol!!!!!) Xxxxxxxxxx

The fact that she is or will have an affair will not affect how the marital assets are split up.

The usual starting point for division of marital assets is 50/50 if you decide to go down the divorce route, although she could get more if you want a clean break and she is the primary carer of the children.

As for now, there is nothing much that you can do to protect yourself.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I meant can I get custody and/or resolution in my favor and the house with this kind of prooff? (the mail that I copy in my last question)

No, the email will not get you custody or the house.

Sorry, but I can only answer you truthfully on the law.

Please leave feedback

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is not only one mail but severals and the relationship its been going now for three years!!! though telephone, facebook, texts, and secret meetings!!!

its all in several mails

I am sorry but this will not penalise her financially or as far as the kids custody is concerned.

I am very sorry I cannot give you an answer you wish to hear but I cannot mislead you and have to answer truthfully.

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience