13262538

If me and my wife are divorcing how child benefits and working

Customer Question

If me and my wife are divorcing how child benefits and working tax credit will affect. if she is the main worker and im taking care the most of the time of three kids. even if i have still very little income.
How old are the children and which of you deals with their day to day care?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Clare, well kids are 5, 8 and 12 and

I get them to school in the morning and collect them in the afternoon the feed them and take them to diferents activities from mondey to sunday (football thursdays, Karate wednsdeys, swimming saturdays, football again Sundays, street dance where my wife is the teacher Wednsdays and tuesdays) bring them back home and bringing my wife from teaching job back home and thursdays, everyother friday Sundays and every other tuesday I go to work after leaving my family save at home.

House would be around 80,000 pounds and standing morgage would be around 25,000. we are a partnership and from bussines account to current account we transfer £300 per week from wich i put 60 or some weeks 100 pounds a week.

Do you both work together in the business?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the bussiness is in both names, but she is the only one that works in the bussiness. and work as musician..

Does she work full time.
If you separate will the children stay with you?
I WILL deal with your question fully - so please do not keep asking the same question again and again as it may cost you more money - it may take all day but we will cover everything you need to know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes she does work from 3 to 9 but is the main income and child benefit an tax credit

if we separete i dont know if the children stay with me... she doesnt want. she wants me to leave

How would she care for the children if you leave?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She has family or changing times or etc etc or I dont know...

but the house is in boyh names and she said tha she want to keep the house and no matter what she did (sexual explicit letters, mails and ocassional encounters) the law is on her side?

She is not necessarily correct at all.
The priority for the court is the safe and secure housing of the children - so the first question will be which of you is best able to care for the children
Even if she does stay in the property then you will still get your share when your youngest child is 18
It seems likely that your business partnership will come to an end either way - if you stay in the property with the children you will be able to claim the benefits and receive child maintenance.
If you leave and get work then you will have to pay Child Maintenance and she will have to pay the bills form her income from all sources
I am afraid that her bad behaviour does not effect the financial outcome
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so if I leave her with the house and the kids ... but what if i refuse to get divorce.

What difference do you think that would make?