12826847

I am thinking of selling my house to move to a bigger one elsewhere

Customer Question

I am thinking of selling my house to move to a bigger one elsewhere as I need more space. Since living here I have written to the management company to ask the neighbour to move her bins as they looked a mess and I have also spoken directly to the same neighbour to ask her to stop smoking marijuana (she denied she was smoking it). Since these two occasions I have had no other problems and have a friendly relationship with the neighbour. I have also found out that her partner is in prison. The house is rented and we own ours. What do I need to declare on TA6 form? Do I need to say he is in prison - I think this is irrelevant? I assume I need to mention the bin issue and the smoking but state that there have been no issues since? Any help would be appreciated. THanks!
You are only under a duty to disclose disputes.
As she denies she smokes marijuana I hardly think there can be a dispute if you simply ask her to not to smoke.
If you want belt and braces you can say that you asked the neighbour to stop smoking and leave it at that.
The fact that her partner is in prison is not disclosable unless it affects your property.
You could also say that you wrote to the management company and asked the neighbour to move the bins as they looked a mess.
If mention those issues you have really covered your back.
I would always suggest that you advise your solicitor about this because your solicitor does act for you after all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I only need to say that I wrote to management company about the bins and they were promptly moved and that I asked her to stop smoking (which she did)?

That's right because obviously there really is no more to it than that.

By all means run the full circumstances past your solicitor along with replies because you are paying for the solicitor to do the work and at least then you will have 2 opinions