Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I was given immeditate termination of employment notice, with

Customer Question

I was given immeditate termination of employment notice, with at least thirty others. "following a change of ownership of the currect financial position that the new owners have inherited. The company is simply not in a position to meet all of its salary commitments thie (and in future months)
" Your employment ceases today (15th July) and you will receive salary for the period 1-15July with you P45 at the end of this month. You are being dismissed in law for Some Other Substantial Reason".
I have been employed for 4 years 8 months, on a contract which give three months notice.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes : My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Are you being paid in lieu of notice e.g. 3 months? We're you consulted about this?