Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have an ex employee online stalking me, harassing me and

I have an ex employee online stalking me, harassing me and getting people to do so. He is doing it to myself, my clients, colleagues and personal acquaintances. It is none stop. To belittle my name and my work. Local police can not do too much, how do I take action for this now as I can not cope with it.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Has he been given a harassment warning by the police and/or arrested?
Alex Hughes : Do you still need help?
Customer:

No he hasnt. they said hes not doing any direct threats

Customer:

& they can call to warn him at the moment

Customer:

But he is emailing me, every client i had or personal aquaintance

Customer:

its been going on for months & not stopping

Alex Hughes : If the police are not taking action then your only option is to get a restraining order under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. This is a court order like an injunction stopping him from doing the things that you allege. If he breaks the order he could be sent to prison for upto 5 years.
Customer:

How do I do this?

Alex Hughes : You can make the application yourself or get a solicitor to help you. You can get details of local solicitors from the Law Society is you call them on 0207(###) ###-####
Customer:

If I made the application, where would I?

Alex Hughes : I think you'd be better off with a solicitor because statements will need to be taken and an application drafted for the court.
Customer:

I cant seem to find anywhere on line

Customer:

ok

Alex Hughes : You cannot make the application online. You have to get the forms from your local County Court which deals with this type of case.
Customer:

OK I understand

Customer:

thanks so much

Alex Hughes : No problem. If you want to deal with the application I can give you some more guidance but due to the amount of time involved you will have to consider increasing the fee please.
Alex Hughes : Can I assist any further?