UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I borrowed £4500+£343 from the bank for a flight

I borrowed £4500+£343 from the bank for a flight for Ms. Tatyana XXXXXXXXX of Michurina 12, Novosibirsk: *****@******.*** to come to England and to show the authorities and a visa so that she could support herself if she is spending her holiday without going to a friend. She wrote and told me that her mother developed an infection and had to look after her. It is now more than three weeks ago and I have not heard from her. I am afraid that she is a fraud and would like to get all my money back from her. It is a lot of money and I have to return it to the bank. Tony

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Tony,

I am afraid it looks like you have been scammed and you will find it impossible to recover your money.

You will throw good money after bad money trying to recover it.

If you never met this person and your only correspondence was through the internet, then I am afraid you will find it impossible to trace the person.

You may report the matter to the police and see if they can speak to the authorities in that other country to get the bank to reveal the identity of the account holder and try and get your money back.

You may report online below:

www.actionfraud.police.uk

Hope this helps