12826847

I am being threatened with eviction from my allotment but am

Customer Question

I am being threatened with eviction from my allotment but am taking the matter to arbitration but the committee are still trying to evict me

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am trying to find out if the allotment committee can carry out an eviction when the matter is being taken to arbitration

An allotment committee obviously does have the power to evict.

However, if this is an allotment association accredited arbitration service then that should place a hold on any pending action. Otherwise there is no point in arbitration. Unless they refuse the offer of arbitration.

There is no way around this. If they accept the issue can be resolved through arbitration then they have to wait for the outcome.