Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Hi, my mothers will was written in 1981 and she appears to

Hi, my mother's will was written in 1981 and she appears to have appointed the Natwest Bank as Executors. My sister and I have LPA over her financial affairs and it seems unnecessary to have to pay the bank to do what we could do ourselves. We are the only beneficiaries and are already paying her bills etc. Natwest does seem to be vague about having any knowledge of the will. Will my mother need to make another will or is there some less painless way to change the Executors?
George
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Your Mother should certainly revoke the appointment of Natwest as Executors, as they ar elikely to charge the earth for a simple procedure.

Provided your Mother still has mental capacity, she needs to instruct a local Wills Solicitor to prepare a Codicil, changing who she would like to appoint as Executors. The Codicil will be a short document, and needs to be signed and witnessed in the same fashion as a Will.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Al. You have confirmed what I had gleaned off the internet.

Great Service.

Kind Regards

George

Thanks George.

People moan about Solicitors charges, but Bank Executors charges are horrendous!

All the best

AL