Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My son last month got the xbox live gold membership and was

My son last month got the xbox live gold membership and was playing fif14 where he was playing the game, unknown to him he had paid for players points and cost me £100. He is only 12, is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I am afraid that as your Son has selected to pay for the player points, and from that he will have acquired some players for his team, I am afraid there is no way that you will be able to get your money back, as the money has been used and nor are Microsoft under a duty to reimburse you.
My Son also has an Xbox and plays Fifa, and whenever he wishes to buy points, I allow him a reasonable amount as my Bank details are stored with the Xbox. As your Bank details will also be stored, any purchases made by your Son are valid and non returnable by Microsoft.
I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but sets out the legal position.
Kind Regards
AL