12826847

Regarding the fine mentioned above. The debt collection company

Regarding the fine mentioned above. The debt collection company wants to charge me £500 and says it is raising the amount incrementally. I've left a phone message for the debt collector but he hasn't got back to me. I guess I should send him a text message so that my intention to pay is logged. But how much should I agree to pay or do I even have a choice?
Is this is a debt collector or a bailiff?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A bailiff

Thanks,.
If this is a bailiff then the sum will be increasing. Bailiffs fees can spiral out of control I'm afraid.
The only way to stop it dead is to pay in full.
If you cannot do that then pay as much as you can urgently. Write to them making an offer to pay in monthly installments.
Bailiffs don't have to accept any offer at all but usually they will if the offer is a reasonable percentage of the debt and they keep receiving it regularly. If so, you will be less attractive for them to pursue then the many other debtors on their books who are not paying at all.
but put things in writing and start paying whether they agree or not.