12826847

I can pay in full now. If I send text message stating my intention

I can pay in full now. If I send text message stating my intention to pay all or half the amount and asking him to contact me, is the ball in the bailiff's court given that I have no paperwork (it's all gone to the previous address as far as I can gather)?
Just pay it then.
There is no need to negotiate at all in those cirucmstances. Just pay the full amount off and that will bring an end to the matter.
If you are saying that you don't know the amount then keep pestering him. Literally a call an hour every hour tomorrow.
Actually if you haven't been told an amount then you cannot pay and if he keeps pursuing you in those circusmtances you might well have a claim against him for a refund.