75100385

Hi, I paid a deposit of £2,700 for a new bathroom, from company

Hi, I paid a deposit of £2,700 for a new bathroom, from company called Garrion Design in April '14. Work was to be started at end of June. They have now gone into liquidation and are being investigated for fraud. Can I apply to small claims court? If so, would I claim from the company Garrion Design or the individual/owner Raymond Khan. Thanks for any help, Martine McKue
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How did you pay the depsoit please?
Customer:

I paid it by Bank Transfer into his company bank account

Alex Watts : It's bad news I am afriad.
Alex Watts : You are an unsecured creditor, which means there is no point lodging a claim.
Alex Watts : If you lodge a small claim it would cost you money and time.
Alex Watts : Sadly if they have gone into liquidation then they do not have any money, so you would be throwing good money after bad.
Alex Watts : Sadly all you can do is lodge a claim with the liquidator, but that is it,
Alex Watts : In reality I am sorry to say you have probably lost your money.
Alex Watts : I am so sorry that this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

No, thanks for the info anyway. Didn't think there was much hope.