75100385

My estate agent photographed my girlfriends toys and emailed

My estate agent photographed my girlfriends sex toys and emailed them to his colleague whilst in my home on his own. He also stole prescription painkillers from my bathroom. The estate agent sacked him and offered me two hundred pounds. What should i expect the property ombudsman to do?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Can you quantify the losses you have suffered please?
Customer:

I can't prove the theft of the painkillers (I hadn't counted them so don't know exacty how many there were) I put a recording device on in the house which captured the agent telephoning his colleague saying that he had photographed the objects and would email the photos to them. My privacy was grossly violated, the trust I placed in the agent was destroyed, I can't face going back to my house and have been sleeping on friends sofas since the incident. My relationship with my girlfriend has been damaged and my health has suffered.

Alex Watts : In terms of sanction the Ombuman may fine the agency.
Alex Watts : In terms of compesmation you are probably looking at around £500
Alex Watts : If you want to claim any more you would need a psychiatric assessment to show the events had a direct link to any mental condition.
Alex Watts : Even then it would depend on how long the mental illness lasted for .
Alex Watts : But you are looking at around £500 for a mental Iinjury that was short term.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

No thank you