75100385

I was hitted by another car

I stopped on the left shoulder of single carriageway A21, near south of Marley lane. I was trying to make a U turn. I looked over my left shoulder and found no cars, I looked right and found no cars, I looked again left and no cars I moved out and turn into the opposite lane. Before i can accelerate, an other car hit my car. This single carriageway is not a straight road, I notice that the other car just climb to the top of a curved section of this single carriageway and then hit my car. After the incident, the other car stop in the opposite lane while waiting for the police. Many car sound their horn because the other stop in the opposite lane. My Question is: Who is responsible for this incident?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Was the other car in the opposing lane please?
JACUSTOMER-56b22mgl- :

yes, the other car came from the opposite lane.

Alex Watts : Did you see the car before impact at all?
Customer:

Not at all. The other car hit the right hand side of back passenger door. I can imagine the other car's hit my car before I can completed the U-turn.

Alex Watts : What distance would the other car have to needed to travel before hitting you?
Customer:

Sorry, I did not describe the impact precisely. the other car is not like full on ran into my car. I was like the other car ran into the space between my car and the edge of the road. On my car, the right hand side of back passenger door side hitted. On the other car, it was the left hand side corner at the front was hitted.

Customer:

Re: What distance would the other car have to needed to travel before hitting you?

Customer:

After the police left, I look around from the shoulder of the single carriageway. It seems to me that car from the opposite lane climb to the top of this curvly section, it was about 100 - 300 yards.

Alex Watts :

In my view it is 50/50

Alex Watts :

You did not see the other car before impact. If you had been paying full attention to the road then you would have.

Alex Watts :

Because you did not see the car before impact shows you were concentrating on turning.

Alex Watts :

Because you are carrying out a turn, the duty is on you to take extra care to make sure the road is and stays clear

Alex Watts :

as for the other driver, he should have seen you and there was plenty of time for him to stop

Alex Watts :

Therefore on this basis it is likely to be 50/50

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/