75100385

I was caught speeding at 36mph but did not receive notification

I was caught speeding at 36mph but did not receive notification for a month ,also it has been 6 months before i got a letter saying i would be taken to court, are they too late with their paperwork?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you changed address please?
Alex Watts : What is date of offence and date of summons please?
Customer:

thanks for reply, date of offence was 26.11.13 and summons to court was early july this year , i am still looking for all the paperwork involved. my address is the same, also when they sent the the first letter i replied saying i did not know the driver, they are saying they sent a second letter which i did not receive then early july a summons to go to court,!! I have lost sleep over this, if i don't reply straight away it's because i am using the local library computer, yours dave hurford.

Alex Watts : Ok. In that case the summons is out of time. If you have been summonsed for speeding then they have 6 months from the date of offence.
Alex Watts : Therefore it is out of time and should be stayed.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/