75100385

Someone is repeatedly using my address for her mobile phone

Someone is repeatedly using my address for her mobile phone bills which she has with several companies. We have returned dozens of envelopes over a period of months. Some of the bills are now threatening legal action.We have phoned 2 of the companies who say that they will deal with the matter but we are not confident that this will happen and are worried that our address could become blacklisted. Is this a matter for the police?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Are they using your name or just address please?
Customer:

The person is using her name, not our name, just our address. At first we did not suspect fraud because our house lies on a road which has several side cul de sacs with about 4 houses in each so we often get wrongly delivered pizzas, etc. The houses in the cul de sas have a different postcode but this person uses our postcode. It has been going on for several months now.

Customer:

Sorry, I had trouble making the rating work. Will tr again.

Customer:

Rating: Good

Alex Watts :

Ok - an address can't be black listed

Alex Watts :

There is no such thing as a black list

Alex Watts :

Companies only store information records about individual account or joint

Alex Watts :

So if this person is not using your name nothing will show

Alex Watts :

You should report it to the Police as this is fraud.

Alex Watts :

You should also write to the Companies who are sending letters and explain the sitution

Alex Watts :

But you can get a copy of your own credit file at:

Alex Watts :

www.creditexpert.co.uk

Alex Watts :

This will allow you to see what is on your record.

Alex Watts :

But report it to the companies and the Police

Alex Watts :

Get a copy of your credit file

Alex Watts :

But it wont affect yours in any way

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you. This is the information we needed and we shall report it to the police. Shall I be able to get back to you next week if anything else arises after we have reported it? It shouldn't be necessary.