75100385

Hi, I paid a accountant 470 pound to do my tax returns for

Customer Question

Hi, I paid a accountant 470 pound to do my tax returns for for two years, I received
a tax rebate both years, then out of the blue he rings me to say the inland revenue
wanted the rebates returned and he advised me to do so which I did. The question is
am I entitled to the 470 pound back his fees, his mistakes left me out of pocket.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did he make a mistake? But you accept you owe the tax please?
Customer:

mistake I guess he did, accept it I had to hes the 470 pound brain sorting it out for me

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

where is your answer

Customer:

whereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is the answer.

Customer:

forger

Customer:

forget it

Customer:

forget it, 11pound for no answer .

Alex Watts : I have replied above but will post it again
Alex Watts : You can claim a full refund as they are in breach of section 13 of the sale and supply of goods and services act 1982