Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I am from Togo currently in France with a schengen Visa and

Customer Question

I am from Togo currently in France with a schengen Visa and will like to visit U.K for a Glasgow Olympic Game and my sister is currently in U.K who is a U.K citizen and will like to know if there is a way she can drive to France to pick me up then drive me to U.K for the short holidays for the Olympic Games..can anyone help me then please let me know what kind of documents my sister needs to provide before i can be allowed in U.K for short Visit
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name is Alex Hughes and we've already discussed this issue. Is there something else you wish to know?

JACUSTOMER-8xge4oiu- :

i lost u minutes ago

Alex Hughes :

No problem. It would be my pleasure to continue assisting you.

JACUSTOMER-8xge4oiu- :

so where can i submit my passport in france or would it be done at the border

JACUSTOMER-8xge4oiu- :

and can i go there with my sister

Alex Hughes :

Where in France are you?

JACUSTOMER-8xge4oiu- :

paris bondy

Alex Hughes :

OK. You can contact the UK Immigration Visa service using this website: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

JACUSTOMER-8xge4oiu- :

can it be apply at the port

Alex Hughes :

You can try. There is no guarantee.

JACUSTOMER-8xge4oiu- :

I understand you sir

JACUSTOMER-8xge4oiu- :

I have applied for U.K visa in my country before which i was refused a couple of times so whats guarantee if i applied it here in France

Alex Hughes :

You and your sister should attend the port with your passports. You can apply to the immigration officer but I cannot guarantee that you will be given entry. The normal procedure is to apply for 'entry clearance' in advance.

Alex Hughes :

If you have applied in the past a couple of times and been refused then you will probably be refused again unless your circumstances have changed significantly.

JACUSTOMER-8xge4oiu- :

Okay sir

Alex Hughes :

Can I assist any further?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so does it means if i travel together with my sister to U.K it wouldn't do any good.. am I right?

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Based on the fact that you have been refused entry previously I think your chances are very, very low indeed of coming into the UK. You can try but I think you will be turned away. Sorry but I have to be honest about your situation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand sir and I asked so does it mean since my sister is coming here , her presence for here wouldn't do any good to help my situation.. am i right sir? explain above and that was why she suggest we should apply at the border because a friend of hers has tried that which worked for her.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Her presence is irrelevant. But you can try. You should not rely too much on what other people tell you because their situation might be quite different and obviously you do not know the exact details.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what's the best option do you think that could help?? can you please help and explain it to me

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
You should apply for a visa using the online service that I mentioned; that is the best way forward. They may say 'yes' or they might say "no". It really depends on the information you give them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Once I apply it online do i have to send my passport or how do I do it??

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
All the instructions are on the website when you apply. You have to go through the procedure online step-by-step and they will tell you what they need and how to submit your documents.