Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I HAVE LONG TERM MENTAL AND PHYSICAL AND BUILT UP A DEBT TO

I HAVE LONG TERM MENTAL AND PHYSICAL AND BUILT UP A DEBT TO SOUTHERN WATER DURING A PERIOD AND VARIOUS COMPANIES OF BAILIFFS CALLED IN BY SOUTHERN WATER HAVE BEEN EFFECTIVELY STALKING ME I LOOKED UP ANTI STALKING LAW ON THE INTERNET AND THEIR BEHAVIOUR EXACTLY FITS IT I REALLY NEED A LAWYER TO ***** GET THESE BULLIES AWAY FROM ME
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
-How much are they after?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

roughly 800 pounds

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
OK.
The bailiff company is not allowed to harass/intimidate/distress a vulnerable person with mental and physical difficulties.
You are right to say that their behaviour may amount to harassment which is a criminal offence under the Administration of Justice Act 1970 and Protection from Harassment Act 1997.
You must get a letter from your GP to explain briefly your problems and then send that with a letter of complaint to the people who are hounding you and tell them to stop.
If they persist you can complain to OFWAT (the ombudsman for water companies) and with the bailiff you can complain and seek compensation from the Court at which they are registered.
I do think the behaviour is excessive for the amount of money involved but the only way to stop them is taking the steps I have just mentioned.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have limited financial reserves I am in receipt of sick benefits if I proceed to court do you know if I will be able to get help with legal costs?

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you can get fee remission. So you can make that complaint free of charge. I expect the court will have utmost sympathy with your situation. Just because you are in debt and have difficulties does not give anyone the right to bully you.