75100385

I would be most grateful if you could confirm whether or not

I would be most grateful if you could confirm whether or not parish councils in England are covered by the requirements within chapter 43 of the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 (Access to meetings and documents of certain authorities, committees and sub-committees). Thank you.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Yes
Alex Watts : Section 100E of the act states
Alex Watts : (1)Sections 100A to 100D above shall apply in relation to a committee or sub-committee of a principal council as they apply in relation to a principal council.
Alex Watts : The full act can be found here
Alex Watts : http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/43
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thanks again AW for your prompt response. A parish council must therefore keep meeting background documents for 4 years?

Alex Watts : Yes they must.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you a.
Customer:

No, that's it and thank you again!