Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Hi, I have been racially abused by my manager and when I

Customer Question

I have been racially abused by my manager and when I complained to HR about him, he blatantly denied saying anything wrong. Thankfully I have voice recordings to support my claim but my contract of employment strictly prohibits the use of any covert recordings. This is the only way to prove I am right as there was no one else who witnessed this verbal abuse.
Would these still be admissible in court if it were to reach that stage?
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
The audio recording would be admissible in court. Even though the recording was made in breach of your employment contract, it is a crucial piece of evidence. The contract does not bind the courts hand from using the recording to decide who is telling the truth.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I cannot tell you how much of a relief this is, knowing that there is still hope.

You have been brilliant.

Kind regards,

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure. Good luck with this. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answer. If you need any help in the future please ask for me by name.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I have made a note of your details and will definitely contact you for further advice. Thank you once again.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

I am following up our conversation to see how you got on with the issue. If you need any further help then please let me know - remember I am a qualified UK Solicitor and able to help on most aspects of English Law. I am London based and usually able to respond to your query very quickly.

Alex Hughes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear Alex,

Thank you for your response. My issue has been resolved for now. I will get in touch with you for any further queries.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
No problem. All the best. Alex