UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Can make a claim for moral compensation? Last night we landed

Customer Question

Can make a claim for moral compensation? Last night we landed from holiday. We left our car in pink pig car park for a week in Luton airport. This car par is secured and we payed for it. So , we find out that our car has been stolen. I get a shock, by the way I am 5 month pregnant. And tomorrow I need car go to work. Could you give an advice wat to do ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry to hear about this.

Yes, you may make a claim for compensation against the car parking but they will first need to establish how your car was stolen. If it was stolen as a result of their negligence, you will have a claim.

In the meantime, you should notify your insurers and the police, if not already done so.

Their terms and conditions state as follows:

In any event, any loss caused to you as a result of the negligence of our employees, shall be limited to the amount of [ £20,000] for one incident or series of incidents.

So, you could claim taxi fares etc from them for you to go to work etc. until your car gets replaced.

Moral claim I am afraid is not a ground.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is definitely car parking fault. How much money I can get if make a claim. Car wasn't cheap. 2007 bmw 3l diesel.

You should be able to claim for the value of the car up to 20K, but any money you receive from your insurance will be deducted.

I suggest that you get a local solicitor to take the case up for you if the car park company is difficult settling your claim.

All the best