31090051

hi I have been contacted by the local police (Scotland)

hi
I have been contacted by the local police (Scotland) to invite me to a meeting to discuss why I was at an address in Scotland at a certain time and date, they have informed me that the address was part of an on-going police investigation and they need to determine why an amount of males were that address for a short amount of time, I am presuming this was to do with the sex trade? I was at the address to meet an escort, what can or cant I say to the police as I don't want to incriminate myself? have I committed a crime?
I need to keep this from my family also
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
If the premises were occupied by a single escort then you have not done anything wrong by visiting. The police may be alleging that a number of escorts were working from the address in which case it could be alleged that the premises were a brothel and those working it could be prosecuted. Again you have still done nothing wrong assuming that all parties were adults.
If you make up an untrue story about why you were there the police will find out. If you are sure that you were there to meet one adult escort by invitation you haven't committed a crime.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was only there to meet with one escort I had arranged it by phone, (I have no evidence of this.) but as I paid her for her time (I was only there for 30 minutes) it is obvious we didn't just talk , I was thinking of saying I was only there for a massage as there was no sexual contact involved I am worried that I can be prosecuted for paying her? they don't have any evidence that anything else happened, as far as I know? can they presume I knew it was a brothel? I was visiting the city for one day only

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
They can't presume anything and from what you say you have committed no offence. How did they get your name and contact details?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm presuming they took pictures or an officer was watching the flat that recognised me near the address, and the same police work in inverness as in my local area and we live in a small community where everyone knows everyone, I am also on police records for past offences

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Payment to an escort for services is not a criminal offence. Only soliciting and picking up on the street is an offence as you may know from changes in legislation over the last few years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so you are saying I did not commit any offense even by attending that address, I did not see other women/people there and she was advertised as independent

am I worrying about nothing?

if there should be a case brought against the address or the escort would I be called as a witness even if it was just me and her there?

I just want this to go away, such a stupid mistake to make

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
From what you say you have committed no offence.
You can't know if you can be called as a witness until you know what this is about.