Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My lawyer failed to send/ notify me of the interim bill after

My lawyer failed to send/ notify me of the interim bill after they had gained probate, which they said they would in their contract with me, They have advised on the estate account which has incorrect liabilities figures and the total bill was for £3600 which is £2000 more than I was expecting. Where do I stand ?
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
You can complain about the solicitors conduct to the Solicitors Regulation Authority: www.sra.org.uk/home.page
You can also complain about the poor service that you received to the Legal Ombudsman Service: www.legalombudsman.org.uk/
These complaints are free to make and are generally investigated quicker than if you sue the solicitor through the courts. The Ombudsman has power to order the solicitor to lower his bill and/or direct a refund of fees.
Hope this assists.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard

I am following up our conversation to see how you got on with the issue. If you need any further help then please let me know - remember I am a qualified UK Solicitor and able to help on most aspects of English Law. I am London based and usually able to respond to your query very quickly.

Alex Hughes