12826847

I am taking my dog groomer to County Court to recover vets

I am taking my dog groomer to County Court to recover vets bills following serious damage to my dog which she admits. She originally paid for a first operation (£2000) but refuses to pay for a second necessary op. (Confirmed by vet) She now says she is a limited company and can't be sued personally. I believe she can as she is the person wholly responsible for the injuries. She is director and sole employee. She has no public liability insurance. What do you think
Regards,
Colin
She be sued individually on the basis of negligence but then you may fall foul of the prohibition upon claiming pure economic loss.
If you want to sue in breach of contract, there being an implied condition to act with reasonable care and skill, then you need to sue the company. That is your better claim but its not impossible to sue her on that basis.
If you are trying to rely on breach of contract against her though then you might be in difficulty unless you are going to argue that the limited company is a sham.