12826847

hi good evening im after advice on a matter involving

Customer Question

hi good evening im after advice on a matter involving my ex in 2012 we were a couple and she told me she had limited m onths to live and asked me what is the one thing id like I told her my dream bike a Harley we then sometime later went to a Harley dealer where she put down a deposit on one for me then some time later end of the year about she actually paid for it in full and said it was a present for me and I thought she was joking but no the man in the shop got me to sign for the bike in my name I took delivery of it when it arrived the shop held onto it for me till I could find a place to keep it
but alas last year we split up due to my work commitments, and she told me to keep the bike its in my name and was a present from her, in her words something to remember her by when she is gone, now it seems her illness is in remission and not long ago she is threatening me now with legal action to take back the bike she bought me back in 2012 where do I stand its in my name and registered to me
On what basis is she threatening to take action?
She purchased this for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

legal threats as in a soliciter

I wouldnt worry about this.
This is just plain simply a gift that she now regrets. I suppose she thought she would die and now she happily has recovered she needs the money. That is great but not your problem.
She may well get a solicitor to write to you asking for its return but you don't have to deliver it.
Unless she is going to say that you forced her to purchase this for you there is no case to answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so I just ignore her threats then she has sent me lots of texts too stating a lawyer she knows will seek to retrieve the bike which is a Harley and cost I think in the region of £22,000, I as you said never asked her to buy it she did it out of love and the fact she thought she was dying in a matter of months she has given me till end of the week to pay her £2500 which I have told her impossible to do

Well, costs won't be in the region of £22,000.
Of course, she could sue. Sometimes people do bring hopeless claims. Unless she is going to lie through her teeth, this is a hopeless claim.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok quick one her text said if nothing is done by end of next week she will get the solicitor to deal with it and he will ask for half the value of the bike

I don't know on what basis she thinks she has a claim for anything at all.

This was just plain a gift.