LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Good Evening.The owner of the one-bed flat directly above

Customer Question

Good Evening.
The owner of the one-bed flat directly above mine laid wooden floors - against the terms of our Lease (four one bed flats with all holding share of Freehold) and despite my protests.
They moved out just over two years ago and have since been renting to various tenants - short term, long term as well as very short 'holiday/tourist' lets. Lets, particularly the 'holiday/tourist' lets are usually from 4-5 people (mixture of adults and children).
I have no contact details for the the owner and letters I have left in the communal hallway have been ignored. When I've approached the Estate Agent/s they have stated I must take it up with the Landlord (their client) directly and they are not prepared to become involved.
It seems I am unable to resolve this directly with tenants (previous tenants threatened me), Estate Agents or owner, therefore any advice on how I might resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience and will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

are you experiencing problems with noise? Is there anything in your lease about how to resolve disputes with other leaseholders and have you been in touch with the freeholders about this?