12826847

Hi, Mu son took a car insurance with a company that installed

Customer Question

Mu son took a car insurance with a company that installed a black box. The idea is that if the highway code is respected, the insurance cost is lower. He paid, a bit over £1300 in advance to pay for a year of insurance cover. At the end of June (28) they sent him a email that he did not see, he was not at home much.. On the 7th of July, they send him a letter telling him that he had been driving to fast, on some occasions and wanted a fee as a fine of £90. My son told them on the phone 5 days after he received the letter, that he needed to transfer some money from he saving account to his current account to cover this sum. He then went to a festival for a few days and he called them again when he came back to let them know that the bank had been slow to make the transfer.
They told him that they were cancelling his insurance, that they were charging him another £120 to do so, that they wanted £50 to remove the black box, that they were going to give him £350 of his insurance money (far from being the sum of 7 months insurance he would have left with them.
Furthermore when, I looked at the emails he had from them to check any terms and conditions he should have been aware of, there was nothing there. However, it shows a dashboard that is suppose to show the insured how well he is doing with the highway code. The dashboard is not working. When, I phoned the insurance to query this they told me that my son should have activated it and that he was told to do so over the phone when he first took the insurance. My son says, he has no recollection of being told such things. My son was also incapacitated to drive for over a couple of months because he broke his hand, although the car was of road, the insurance only give him back £50 for that period. My son can't drive his car anymore because, he is not insured and has no more money to get another insurance as they have not send him any money back. We have to take him everyday to work. And the insurance who was supposed to call us back because I asked them to give us details/proofs about when he committed some highway offenses such as speeding, have not been in touch with us, nor have they send any money back to my son. can you advise us, Please
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There seems to be a lot of things that the insurance is doing that verge on illegal. I need to know if i am correct on this and would like my son to reclaim as much insurance money as he can be entitled so he can get insure somewhere else.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
What is it you would like to know?