Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

A friend of mine died on 13 March this year. I had already

Customer Question

A friend of mine died on 13 March this year. I had already agreed to be an executor and had helped her draw up a will some years before she died. The other executor is her brother and he is apparently unwilling to do anything. She left two houses and he is living in one of these. He told me that he has moved to another firm of solicitors, not the ones who drew up the will. So far as I am aware he has not yet located the original signed will. At this stage I would like to withdraw my offer of help and no longer be listed as executor. Am I within my rights to do this? And to whom should I make this decision known?
I have tried to impress on the brother the need to take some action but he is either uncooperative or unwilling to do anything.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. Has probate been granted over the estate? Kind regards

Alex J. :

AJ