12826847

There is an arrest warrant for non payment of fines from when

Customer Question

There is an arrest warrant for non payment of fines from when I lived in belfast northern ireland. I now live in england. I want to get this paid but am scared to contact them incase they can transfer the warrant to england. What is the best way to go about this.?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I recieved a fine for a driving offence in belfast ni. I now live back in england but my ex partner has informed me that the psni have been to my old address with a warrant for my arrest for non payment.

Sorry for the delay. This dropped off my list for some reason.
The English police will not pick you up for this. Its a different jurisdiction although there are similarities.
The PSNI are very unlikely to pursue you in England over non payment of fines.
However, the truth is that it doesn't go away. If you intend returning to NI at any point in your life then you will have to resolve this.
It is just a matter of handing yourself in to the relevant court, going before the Court and making arrangemetns to pay.
If you paid it off before handing yourself in then there wouldn't be much to discuss with the court.
You can go to prison for non payment of fines but its really only for people who are literally refusing to pay.