UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hi there,i would like to know more about spouse visa.My wife

Customer Question

hi there,i would like to know more about spouse visa.My wife is living in india and i want to bring her here in the u.k.Well my question is that i had a savings of £19000 in my bank account for the past 6 months,but at present it has come down the £16000 mark which is worrying me, do i now need to wait for another 6 months.
My wife has savings as well in india which is equivalent to £21000 for more then 6 months in her account,can i combine her saving with mine and show total saving saw if i have £15000 plus her 21000 = £36000.Will that be considered
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you are allowed to combine your savings with your wife's, so both your combined total savings of 36,000 will be considered.

You will still require an income of at least 10,600 per annum to satisfy the spouse visa financial requirements, calculated as follows:

62,500 - 36,000= 26,500

26,500 divided by 2.5 years = 10,600 per annum.

May I help further?