UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello, I applied for an MBA course in March 2013 and paid all

Hello, I applied for an MBA course in March 2013 and paid all the fees. The course has been cancelled. I therefore applied for a refund in January 2014, but no decision has been taken so far. I called, I wrote a letter to them, but they are still ignoring me. According to the law, what should I do next?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may now file a court claim against the provider for the refund of your money, you may do so online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I suspect they will refund the money when they see court summons against them.

You may also include the claim filing fee in addition to what you paid as well as interest at court rates (8% p.a) in the money that you will be claiming from them.

May I help further?

May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do I need a solicitor to fill the form for me? If they still do not react after seeing the court summons, what should I do? engage a barrister?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You may file the claim yourself on the grounds that you contracted and paid for an MBA course which was cancelled by them through no fault of yours and that you have not yet been refunded your course fees despite several requests for the same.

You may appoint a solicitor to take up your case if you need assistance with it.

Hope this clarifies