12826847

Hi, I served a 12 month prison sentence between 2007 to 2008

Customer Question

Hi, I served a 12 month prison sentence between 2007 to 2008 for sexual assault on a minor. I have a sopo which prevents me from working with children under the age of 16 years. My MAPPA officer has informed me that she thinks I have a good chance of having the soppo lifted as it both historic and no longer relevant. If the soppo remains in place, do I still have to sign the SOR after the 10 year period finishes in 2017? Under the terms of the Rehabilition of Offenders Act, my offence was deemed to have been spent in 2012. How does this affect my right to purchase household insurance? If the soppo is lifted, will my passport still be flagged if I visit any countries?  Just to add, do I remain on the SOR whilst the soppo is in place? Thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel question and refund my account thanks.
Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When will I receive my refund?

I will process the refund for you now.
Thank you very much and sorry that we could not help on this occasion,