12826847

A friend of mine who passed away left me everything in his

Customer Question

A friend of mine who passed away left me everything in his will, however when I went to get the deeds from the Natwest Bank they had given the deeds to somebody else who then went on to sell the property for a business venture, lot more details involved as well were do I stand now I have written to the Natwest, with no joy, I did have power of Attorney as my friend was in hospital when the deeds were given away.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
Did your friend leave a will detailing you as their sole beneficiary?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes he did

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
What have Barclays told you about the property that was released?
Were you the executor of the will as well?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was the executor to the will it was the Nat West not had much response from them I get the impression they hope I will just go away

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
DO you know who the person was that sold the property? Was your friend definitely the sole owner?
What happened to the proceeds of sale?
Potentially there is anything here ranging from fraud to negligence by the bank.
The bank should not have released any assets without authority from a Power of Attorney or the executor. A starting point may be to raise a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I knew the person he was my boss at the time hence the reason he knew deeds were going to the bank he then proceeded to change them into borrow on it to purchase a hotel I was totally unaware of this and we were living there and I spent approximately 20.000 on it with new windows kitchen bathroom etc .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I knew the person he was my boss at the time hence the reason he knew deeds were going to the bank he then proceeded to change them into borrow on it to purchase a hotel I was totally unaware of this and we were living there and I spent approximately 20.000 on it with new windows kitchen bathroom etc .my friend was the sole owner .

Who owned the property to start with?