UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hi i run a care business for the elderly and recently i have

Customer Question

hi i run a care business for the elderly and recently i have had a complaint from a clients daughter that one of my support workers has given a picture printed from facebook to the client of her new baby
the client doesnt have contact with her family due to reasons such as alcohol etc so my support worker who didnt know about the situation has given the client a picture
what will happen? will this be gross misconduct? can the clients daughter do anything legal wise?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid I do not see anything wrong here if the picture of the baby was on facebook, then it was up to her to make sure that the picture was not seen by anyone who should not be seeing it.
You may apologise to the lady but she cannot do anything else and really has no case.
It would not be gross misconduct if your support worker did not know the history of the family dispute between your client and his daughter. Your support worker was probably acting in good faith and did nothing wrong as anyone can access facebook.
May I help further?