12826847

I have lived with my partner for 4 years. Due to a messy divorce

Customer Question

I have lived with my partner for 4 years. Due to a messy divorce her parents had the house put in to trust to protect her equity. I have paid £1250 per month which more than covers the bills. During this time I, being a carpenter have improved every house in the house including a 2 story extension. The trouble is my name is ***** ***** any of the bills. I also took on a £10000 debt of her's to hide it from her dad at the time of the financing of the extension. Am I entitled to get her to repay the £10000 debt & get some payment for my work to the house which will of increased its value
How much has your work enhanced the value of the house?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A two story extension, new kitchen new fireplace, restyled stairs. I've considered getting a valuation to see the increase in value. Is there any way to recover her £10000 debt
What agreement did you make with your partner about the £10,000?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No arrangement she needed to hide her debt otherwise her dad would go mad. As we were a couple & thought the relationship was forever I agreed but now we've split I'm left with the debt. Not fare
Did you call it a loan?