75100385

Bought tiles from Porcelaneosa. They were a special order

Customer Question

Bought tiles from Porcelaneosa. They were a special order and not refundable if cancelled. Unfortunately I had to cancel so never took delivery but had paid for them in full £800. Porcelaneosa offered a refund but then changed their mind and said I could have something to the value of £800. Several times I asked for a credit note or some form of paperwork showing a credit for this amount. Nothing was forthcoming. I was never given a timescale to spend the amount in. Just over 2 years has past and Porcelaneosa are demanding that I spend the money against goods. I do not need sanitaryware or tiles at the present time. My question is because the original contract has been broken by Porcelaneosa offering me cash then changing it to a credit and nothing was in writing regarding the period to spend the credit within am I entitled to a refund in full. Are they allowed to make up the rules as they go along?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did they offer the refund in writing please?
JACUSTOMER-ugpu65jd- :

No only verbally.

Alex Watts : The credit they offered, at the time did they say it was time limited ?
JACUSTOMER-ugpu65jd- :

I feel I have waited a long time to get an answer as to whether or not I have a case for a refund against Porcelaneosa. I am disappointed and have taken legal advice elsewhere. With respect Alex I was unable to sit at the pc constantly, and when you sent me the first question you could have also included the second question as I have paid for a quick response to my question. I request that the amount of £31 be refunded as I have no valid information detailed or otherwise that I paid for.

Alex Watts :

I can see from the log your question was asked at 08:06am on 25th July. I responded at 8:47am that day asking for more information. You replied on 26th July at 12:45am (when I would have been asleep) and asked a further question if you at 08:55am that same day. Sadly you responded today 29th July at 11:40am.

Alex Watts :

I would have been quicker had I had all the information I needed. I realise that you can't be sat at your PC and the limitation this provided.

Alex Watts :

If I could invite you to email customer services to get the amount refunded.

Alex Watts :

I would of course be happy to assist you now, if you can provide the information I requested?