In the insurance documents, my driver details were mentioned as provisional driver license. My husband is main driver with full UK driving license.
We did not return the form 963 yet. The blank form is still with us and I have a week more time to return (total time they gave us is 28 days). Also, we received an e-mail from Insurance requesting to identify the female driver within 10 days (we have 1 day left). They have a witness that a female driver driving the car that time. As there was a risk of insurance cancellation from the Insurance, I changed my insurance to another company.
To the first insurers, initially he lied (as I mentioned in my first post) saying that he himself was the driver. Later he took insurance with another company and cancelled the first insurer and he told them that he was not driving but he did not reveal who was driving.
To the second (current) insurers, he did not lie anything. he just mentioned to 2nd insurer (while taking insurance online) that he has pending claims to third party (which is not settled yet) with first insurer. The new insurance also is for both of us (me as provisional driver)
Thanks for the answer. Can you please clarify the below queries?
1. what is the best option that my husband has now? a. returning the form with declaring me as driver ORb. My husband should simply ignore the form and wait for "failed to identify driver" offence which would be an FPN? which option will avoid criminal conviction? Is there anyway to avoid going to court (for any of us)?
If option-a then what are the offences I and my husband would be charged for? and if Option-b what are those offences on my husband? (I assume i will be free of any offenses, pls correct me if I'm wrong). can you please list them so we can think and take a decision.?
2. Even though my name is ***** ***** the Insurance (as provisional driver), am I still going to be charged with no insurance offence? Is it because my husband does not have 3-yr experience and not qualify legally to be an "accompanying driver"? (he was accompanying me when I was driving during that incident)
3. Can my husband negotiate with Insurer and offer to pay a proportion/full of claim (to 3rd party - estimated claim amount - £1,999.00), can he avoid police report/court in insurance point of view?
4. I assume we must maintain same info to both police and insurer . Am I right?