12826847

i am being taken to court by the dvla for not insuring a car

i am being taken to court by the dvla for not insuring a car that was written of last year, and not informing the dvla of that fact.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on the form they have sent me i can plead guilty or not guilty, what should i do

Did you tell them it was SORN?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Thats a problem I'm afraid.
If you had declared it SORN then you would not be liable. Since you did not I'm afraid you are. There is really no way around this.
The only option for you is to attend court and explain to the prosecutor and produce evidence that it was written off in the hope that they will withdraw the prosecution on public interest grounds.
If you want to avoid going to court then Im afraid your only option is to sue.
It used to be possible to avoid the requirement to keep a vehicle insured by keeping it off road but sadly there is now a duty to keep all cars not SORNed continously insured.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.