Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Hi Alex A private confidential investigation was supposed

Hi Alex
A private confidential investigation was supposed to have taken place but the person who was interviewing me has already told a colleague all information about this private confidential investigation taking place. The person than told a friend who is also colleague of mine all about this investigation before I even knew I was having one! I have chosen to resign but do I have any rights in getting them back for breaching this private confidential issue?.
Alex Hughes : You certainly have grounds to complain but as you've now left the company and admit not doing the stock take, taking action over this is unlikely to be worthwhile.
Alex Hughes : But I don't think to is going to be enough to make a claim for compensation.
Alex Hughes : You could, however, use this information if you believe you have grounds to claim constructive dismissal as discussed in the other Q&A that we had.
Customer:

Your a god amongst men. I already have a new job which I will be starting in 3 weeks. Will this situation effect me?