it is their intention that XX will be privately eductaed throughout her secondary school education for so long as that can be afforded and on the assumption that the parties means remain similar to the position now, the school fees would be funded by the respondent
However this would be in 8 years time when I have finished paying for primary school private education...
I am just interested to know under what circumstances could i get out of secondary education privately as I no longer wish to do so
Many thanks for your help
Yes I am the respondent and the order was made by consent however the judge didnt grant the divorce originally as he wanted to know why it was skewed so heavily in my ex's favour but i gave in as there was pressure for a house sale on my ex's part and stupidly it was easier to give in due to the emotional pressure. However at the time the letter that I sent back to the judge said ; 'Given this imbalance however there is an explicit and implicit agreement that if my financial circumstances were to change that the parties would review the provision of private education for my child'
The change in my financial position is that there are additional drains on my income such as my mother who is ill and needs to be relocated nearer to us that I want to support and my partner who was earning £100k a year can no longer work for various reasons (we are due to marry next year)
Many thanks and apologies for the delay we have been camping in a forest with no signal
My own income has not decreased but other 'drains' on my income have considerably increased therefore my financial circumstances are a lot worse than when the agreement was reached . I wondered how enforceable 'intent' was as it is no longer my intention to want to pay for secondary education and wondered whether it's better I deal with that now rather than in 8 years time?
No idea why the text suddenly decided to underline!! Apologies that was not intentional !! :-)
Due to a nervous breakdown. On the mend but my step children go to state school not private however when you count up the coat of after school care and holiday clubs for them etc it's not worth going back to work even when well again
I am sensing it is not going to be easy to get out of the intent clause!! My fault for giving into emotional pressure!
thank you for your help
Ps plus I don't see why my partner should work to enable my child to go to private school when my step children don't ! ... If you see what I mean!
Last year. Regretting it ever since stupid me for giving in!
In fact December 2013
Became ill in March this year and this month we together decided the illness had not gone and would take some time (unsure how long) to get fully better and was not worth trying to juggle everything anymore.
Sorry this is so troublesome question!
4 years old. 5 in November. Is in primary private school until 13 under agreement, then the 'intent' clause kicks in...