I parked my car on a single yellow line believing that one

Customer Question

I parked my car on a single yellow line believing that one can not get a ticket after 6.30pm on a saturday evening, but I was surprised to find a ticket issued at about 08.45pm on my car. I'd contested the validity of the ticket, but my complaint was rejected on the ground that the contravention took place within a "Control Parking Zone" of 8.00am-10.00pm time scale. Can I still appeal against the decision as I am still very much willing to? Apart from the time on CPZ sign plates that's 8.00am - 10.00pm, all other sign plates within the zone are 8.00am - 6.30pm.
On what basis do you want to appeal?
Is there any doubt this is a CPZ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo,

I am planning to base my appeal on the following grounds:

-the CPZ "Time Frame" -8.00am to 10.00pm, Monday to Sunday- is considered as hopeless and unproductive, creating an unconducive and crippling environment to local private businesses.

-the council's policy is more profit driven than public health & safety interest, making the borough appearing less "social visitor/small business" friendly.

-the council's intention lacks consideration for local residents, denying them of their "basic and democratic rights" to receive visitors except at very odd hours between 10.00pm and 8.00am.

-the council, as a democratically established arm of government, closest to the people and assigned to make life easier for not only its local residents, but also, the common men and women of the general public that get in contact with the borough, has chosen to extort by design.

I am really sorry but there is absolutely no point.
There is nothing positive I can say about this sadly. The points you mention above are just plain not grounds of appeal.
Whatever your view of the regulations, they are the regulations. Its not a point of appeal to say that they are unreasonable. Lots of law is unreasonable but bad law is law nonetheless.
Unless you have a positive defence, pay the fine while it remains cheap. The sum of the fine will rack up when you appeal and lose.
I'm very sorry.
Can I clairfy anything for you?