75100385

Hi. My parents bought me a horsebox for Christmas last year. On

Customer Question

My parents bought me a horsebox for Christmas last year.
On trying to start it the first time it took an hour then eventually started. I noticed that the ramp was bent thus letting water into the horse area when we had driving rain.
I took it back and they illeged to have repaired it. On inspection it had not been repaired, but made worse together with adding newly drilled holes into the sides that were just left. The box also failed to start for them whilst it was there!!
I have tried to communicate with the company director who has informed me it is a manufacturing fault.
The last time I met with the director he slated the box about every little thing, informing me about how poorly manufactured they were in general compared to his manufactured boxes. He offered me a full refund but only against a brand new box of his. I would have to pay an extra £6k minimum to get a basic box from him and an extra £10k for a brand new box equivalent to mine. We purchased mine for £23k.
What rights do I have and would I be able to take them to court and have a good chance of winning?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Was it new or second hand? Did it have a warranty please?
Customer:

I was second hand (5 years old) and I'm not sure if it had a warranty but they did say to take it back to them if there were any problems. When I did take it back they admitted there was a problem and took it into their workshop - this is when they made it worse than it was.

Alex Watts :

What is the cost of repair?

Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/8kqnl-hi-my-parents-bought-horsebox-christmas-last-year-on.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.